St. Charles Borromeo Academy’s curriculum is aligned with the Common Core State Standards, California Content Standards, Diocesan Curriculum Course Content Guidelines, and the school’s mission & philosophy.
SCBA is fully accredited through both the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The religion curriculum is clearly aligned with the Diocesan Curriculum Course Content Guidelines, as are all other subjects. The combination of both Diocesan Curriculum Guidelines and State Standards makes for a challenging academic program with an integrated Catholic identity.
- Religious instruction is an integral part of the educational program for all students at all grade levels.
- Our strong Catholic identity is apparently through with daily instruction centered on religious truths and values, and integrated into other curricular areas and activities.
- Students practice appreciation, respect, and stewardship for people of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Students are involved in preparing paraliturgies, weekly all-school Masses, and all-school masses for Holy Days of Obligation.
- Students are provided with opportunities for Adoration and the Sacrament of Reconciliation throughout the school year.
- The second grade teacher and principal, under the direction of the parish catechetical director, prepare children in second grade for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
Along with the six core subjects ( Religion, Language Arts, Literature, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science), Fine Arts (Music, Art) and Physical Education are also a focus of curriculum.
Incorporating technology into the curriculum supports differentiated instruction and supports all aspects of student learning. Our school’s 1:1 Chromebook and iPad program, along with wireless Internet and a robust firewall, ensures that all students can access digital resources safely.