We are off to a fantastic start at school this year! Classrooms are buzzing with energy, students are focused on learning, and smiles are abundant as I walk through the halls. There are lots of exciting things happening at SCBA, and we want you to know all about them!
Important Announcements for this week:
1) Mass on Wednesday will be sponsored by Student Council.
We would love to have you join us for this special time of worship. Please remember to have your children wear their Mass uniforms on this day. If your child has PE on Wednesday, they are required to wear their Mass uniform to school. They will be provided with time to change before PE. Their teacher will provide them with time and guidance in this process.
2) Back to School Night is on Thursday. This evening is for parents only.
Grades 1-5 will meet in the Hall from 5:30 – 5:50 for a brief overview of the evening and important information for the school year. There will be two sessions for Grades 1-5 in order to accommodate families who have more than one child in these grade levels. The first session will take place from 5:50 to 6:10 and the second session will take place from 6:10 to 6:30.
Grades 6-8 will meet in the Hall from 6:30 to 7:30. Parents will meet in the Hall for the entire session. Teachers will present to the group as a whole.
3) Friday is a Minimum Day, with pickup at 12:15.
4) No school on Monday, September 3, due to the Labor Day Holiday.
1) Borromeo Bash:
The Borromeo Bash is right around the corner. Don’t miss out on one of SCBA’s biggest events of the year! On September 8, from 5:30 – 9:30 we will have music, food, and fun and games galore. Join us for this wonderful community building event! Remember to RSVP using the attachment provided in this newsletter. See you there!
1) Dress Code – There have been some changes to the Dress Code. Students should wear all white or all black shoes and socks on regular days and PE days. Shoes and socks may have a small black or white manufacturer logo.
2) Drop off/Pick Up – For drop off and pick up, please enter the school through the Cadiz Street Gate and exit through the Barnett Street Gate ONLY. Drive slowly and carefully, with great regard for the safety of all people on campus. Pick up for all grades is on the blacktop between the school and the church.
3) Permission to Walk Home Forms -If you would like your child to walk home, please sign the Permission to Walk Home Form that is in the office.
4) Parent volunteers must complete the CMG Connect process, per Diocese rules. Instructions will be sent in a separate email later this week. If you completed this process last year, you do not need to complete it again this year.
A few things from PTG:
1. First Fun Fitness Friday (FFF) will be held this Friday in the kindergarten playground from 7:30-7:55 am. Come join us for some physical fun activity! Parents are welcome and encouraged to come!
2. Mark your calendars! Our welcome back event, The Borromeo Bash, will be held Saturday Sept 8th from 5:30-9:30. Please pick up your sign-up form at the bulletin board in parking lot!
3. We are still in need of an Athletic Director and Yearbook coordinator. For more info, please contact Andrea at 610-639-3584 orÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
4. There is an annual volunteer hour pledge for every SCBA family: 20 hours per family or 10 hours per single parent family or active duty military families. Please help out when/where you can! Sign ups to volunteer will be available during back to school night.
5. School Directory:
Please review the School Directory Spreadsheet that is attached to this document for accuracy. The spreadsheet includes the draft information received for the school directory so far. If you find an error, please contact Julie Sellerberg (email@example.com). The spreadsheet is listed by the child’s last name. If your name is not listed, your information has not been received in the office. Please e-mail Julie any corrections or additions no later than September 3.